Have you had difficulty downloading documents from Westlaw? When you click on the “Download” icon in the top right corner, does nothing happen? The security settings on your internet browser probably need to be changed. Here’s what to do*:
For Internet Explorer
- Click on Tools and select Internet Options
- Click on the Security Tab
- Select Trusted Sites (assuming you’ve added westlaw.com as a trusted site already)
- Click on Custom Level
- Scroll down to the Scripting section (a little more than 3/4 of the way down the list)
- Under Allow Programmatic clipboard access, select enable and click on OK
- Click OK, next screen also click OK.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click Tools on the menu bar and select Options.
- Click the Content Tab and check the box Block pop-up windows.
- Click Exceptions to the right of Block pop-up windows.
- Type print.westlaw.com under Address of web site. Click Allow.
- Type web2.westlaw.com under Address of web site. Click Allow. Click Close. Click Okay.
For Google Chrome
- Go to Options.
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content settings, select “Pop-Ups”.
- Click on Exceptions button and add web2.westlaw.com
- Refresh the page
*Thank you to the Seattle University Law Library for providing this information!