Current UC Hastings students may register for full Westlaw summer access to support:
- Summer law school classes
- Law review and journal work
- Projects for a professor
- Moot court
- Unpaid non-profit public interest internship/externship or pro bono work required for graduation
Your law school password MAY NOT be used for law firms, government agencies, corporations, or any entity that is paying you to conduct research or passing the costs of your research to a third party. If you have questions, contact our Westlaw Representative.
Graduating students’ passwords expire on May 31, 2012, but can be extended for bar preparation.
If you have already registered your Lexis Advance password, you don’t need to do anything to continue access over the summer. If you haven’t registered yet, click here to register. For summer access to “classic” Lexis, click here. You may only use Lexis Advance and classic Lexis for education uses, which include:
- Summer course preparation and assignments
- Research associated with moot court, law review, or law journal
- Research associated with pursuing a grant or scholarship
- Services as a research assistant to a professor, whether paid or unpaid
- An internship, externship or clinic position for school credit or graduation requirement
- Study for the bar exam
- Research skill improvement for educational purposes
See LexisNexis’ Policy on Use of Law School Education IDs for more information, or contact our LexisNexis Representative. Students and graduates who provide public service, paid or unpaid, for credit or not-for-credit, may apply for the LexisNexis ASPIRE program and gain full access to Lexis Advance. Contact our LexisNexis Representative for more information.
There are no restrictions on your BloombergLaw account over the summer. If your workplace has its own BloombergLaw account, however, you are expected to use it. To sign up for a BloombergLaw account, just email a request to our BloombergLaw representative, Tracey Broadhead Frith at email@example.com.